“…The UAS IP/Payload Operator is responsible for operating American Aerospace Category 3 Unmanned Aircraft System. As an IP/Payload Operator this individual will need to operate the UAS flight systems in support of the PIC/MC. Additionally, this position requires the ability to operate a various set of remote sensing payloads as required for a flight missions Scope of Work (SOW). The IP/Payload Operator must have the ability to think critically in high-stress environments, multi-task, and have the technical ability to operate complex UAS in the National Airspace.
– This position may plan, assign, or supervise the work of others.
– This position may also function as an assistant to PIC/Mission Commander.
– This position requires in-depth understanding of remote sensing techniques and the ability to effectively utilize payload capabilities for data collection purposes.
– The IP/Payload Operator reports to a designated PIC/Mission Commander
– Ability to comprehensively prepare pre-mission planning documents
– Flight Planning prior to flight operations as per specific Scope of Work (SOW) for operation
– Ability to adhere to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
– In-depth understanding of aviation regulations with a focus on unmanned aircraft operations
– Document pre-and post-flight logs
– Check UAS before a flight to ensure safe and proper operation
– Analyze weather forecasts to ensure safe flights
– Monitor aircraft during flight
– Navigate aircraft in dynamic flight situations
– Perform equipment testing, troubleshooting, and maintenance
– Support flight operation logistics
– Operate specific payloads as per pre-determined payload operating procedures